FollowApp's COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Get your practice back
to normal - faster.
Get your practice back to normal - faster.
Thorough patient screening has been advocated around the world as a key strategy to reduce the risk of COVID-19 entering your practice. Implementing our COVID-19 Safety Protocol will protect both clinic staff and patients with automated pre and post visit check-ins, leading to a faster increase in the number of patient visits per day.
How it works
SMS with prescreen check-in link sent to patient
|Click the phone to preview the prescreen check-in. If a patient responds with ‘yes’ to any of these, your staff will receive an alert enabling proactive rescheduling of appointments|
|Staff manages alerts if they occur and is able to view all patient check-in responses even if no alert was raised.|
SMS with Aftercare check-in link sent to patient
|Our Aftercare service identifies complications early and virtually to avoid the need for additional in-person appointments.|
Patient is sent a link to a last COVID-19 check-in, allowing you to contact trace and be reassured the measures you’re taking in the clinic are effective.
|Aftercare alerts are also managed on the platform. If you do not receive any alerts, you can have peace of mind that your patients are recovering well.|
Sign up now and use for 30 days free! Then £49* per month, per practice. No long term commitment, just month by month.
Frequently asked questions
The pre-screening questions sent to patients follow the guidelines set out by the British Dental Association. These questions are subject to change as guidelines from the BDA are updated, but they are not customisable. The communications will appear exactly as shown in the “How It Works” section above, but your practice name and the attending dentist’s name will appear in the SMS.
We only offer English at the moment but we are looking into adding more down the line. Let us know which language you would be interested in here so we can prioritise it.
You will only receive an email notification if a patient’s responses trigger an alert, indicating that they could be higher risk. This process saves you time by allowing you to focus on those patients that need attention or rescheduling without having to constantly check the platform. You can have peace of mind that other patients have passed the prescreening, but you can always view responses for any patient in the platform if you’d like to.
- Does not consent to the check-in
- Has tested positive for COVID-19
- Has experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 14 days:
- Flu-like symptoms, such as gastrointestinal upset, headache or fatigue
- Loss of taste or smell
- Persistent dry cough
- Shortness of breath or other difficulties breathing
- Is 70 years old or above
- Is in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients
- Has travelled in the past 14 days to any regions affected by COVID-19
- Has received a new, positive diagnosis for Coronavirus since they responded to their prescreen
- Has experienced new symptoms of shortness of breath / other difficulties breathing, a dry cough, gastrointestinal upset, headache, fatigue and/or loss of taste or smell since they responded to their prescreen
- Has come in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 positive person since they responded to their prescreen
- Responds between 8 and 10 to the question: “On a scale of 0-10, how bad is the pain/discomfort, with 0 being no pain/discomfort at all and 10 being unbearable pain? “
- Submits a comment or question
- Has become ill with COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Please do not arrive before your appointed time. If you arrive early, please wait to enter in your vehicle or outside at a distance until your appointment time.
- Please respect social distancing of 2 metres when in the reception area.
- Whenever possible, please attend the appointment on your own. Any essential escorts, such as guardians for children under 16 or translators, must remain in the reception area during patient treatment.
This is not something we offer at the moment, but we are working on implementing!
The first question of the first check-in asks for patient consent in order to proceed with the rest of the service. Due to the nature of the service, patient pre-screening is mandatory for all patients to be sure that precautions are taken at all times, so when the patient declines this consent you will receive an alert notifying you to call the patient over the phone to complete the pre-screening process.
During the sign up process, you will register your card details with us through our secure payment processing platform, Stripe, which accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
£0.09 per SMS.
Our happy customers
Please sign up here to implement this safety protocol technology in your practice:
The COVID-19 Safety Protocol does not provide medical advice.
The contents of the FollowApp Care platform are for informational purposes only. The information collected and provided is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the official advice of your government with any questions you may have regarding how to respond to the information provided by FollowApp Care.
Please find more information on our legal guidelines here.